On the way to and from Watamu, we stopped in Voi. We wanted to take a break and make the drive a bit easier. We chose Voi Wildlife Lodge as the place to make our stop. Big mistake.
I don’t want to go into too many details as I don’t want to relive it. However I can tell you this:
- Service was terrible on the way down. Their excuse was that no one was really around and so there was less staff.
- Service was terrible on the way there. Their excuse was that the lodge was full and thus very busy.
- Food was barely edible.
- We reserved and paid for an air conditioned rooms. We did not get one either time. Didn’t get any real answer as to why either time.
- The fan in the room didn’t help as the bizarre mosquito netting somehow blocked the air flow at the top.
- There is no safe in the room nor are there adequate locks.
- There is no Do Not Disturb sign so you can’t even request that housekeeping stay out, given that there is no safe.
- It’s pretty easy to break into any room.
The place is a dump. Do not go there. Here are some photos to show you a bit of how bad it is there.